Housing starts and "natural population growth" (aka land depletion)

Over population is a terrible problem!! It is the very basis for all our environmental problems and is even affecting human behavior and health. It heads the human race towards doom,. But what is so amazing is that no writer can make money writing about it. It is not in the newspapers or magazines, not on TV. It is a taboo subject, anethama. It offends the Catholics and the Creationists, Muslim terrorists and anti-abortionists. It seems that no one wants to offend them and stir up controversy.

In "Destiny and Civilization," I describe how this biological process develops. Different animals go through different processes when they grow too numerous in a limited area. Our problem is that like some of them, behavior has been showing signs of deteriorating. Stress and hostility build up. We have the West, Islam, Marxist China and India all competing for the remaining resources. The struggle from them can only get more brutal.

What will happen is that either there is a population crash up ahead, probably within the next forty years,or we adopt a new ideological system, one which has among its clearly stated goals, to limit population increase, promote recycling and eliminating waste.

charles

charles

Go and f*ck yourself, again.

Reply to
sam

Have fun explaining the environmental problems in Japan which isnt even self replacing on population now.

Have fun explaining Japan which isnt even self replacing on population now.

Nope, the human race is doing fine.

Plenty do just that, most obviously those 'working' for Greenpiss etc etc etc.

You need to get out more.

Just another of your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasys.

Who cares ?

Have fun explaining Greenpiss and hordes of Green partys all over the world.

No you dont. You just pig ignorantly rave on, just like you do above in spades.

Humans do it differently. ALL modern first world countrys arent even self replacing on population if you take out immigration. That includes many catholic ones like Italy.

Just another of your silly little pig ignorant fantasys.

Have fun explaining how come we havent seen another world war or even another local war in western europe for 50 years and havent seen one in North America for a hell of a lot longer than that.

Nope, they all just buy them from countrys that have them like Australia now.

Just another of your silly little pig ignorant fantasys.

Fools have been predicting that ever since Malthus started doing that.

Hasnt EVER happened.

That number is straight from your arse. We can tell from the smell.

Soorree, fresh out of magic wands to wave to achieve those 'goals' with population particularly in the third world.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Soylent Green?

Reply to
f.barnes

I like it when someone speaks well, thinks well, and is clear. Hey, you are clear, if nothing else.

Reply to
PeterD

clear, if nothing else.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
sam

No, it's just that most people in the thread think that the world is a stagnant place and right now is the best possible situation but that everything will get worse from here. Guess what. The only constant is that things will change. Change is inevitable. 50 years ago no one ever how we would get here. But guess what, it happened. Maybe the biggest difference between and most other people here is that I have the people are resourceful, I believe that change can be for the better, and I am very optimistic about the human race. Things are good.

Reply to
George Conklin

Yes, hordes prefer modern citys to what we had 100 years ago.

Reply to
Rod Speed

construction

I think city growth is fine. The more people who move to cities, the fewer people out here. That's good.

I fundamentally don't understand cities. I've lived in them, I've visited them. I've left them. I don't see the attraction to them. Same for suburbs. But I guess other people do and I'm glad for them. I've been told that it is all about "culture" and "shopping" and that you can get anything you want at any time you want. Good for some, but I don't crave a corned beef sandwich at 3 AM. I choose to live in the place where the people from the city come for vacation. So why not just live here? It works for me. But I'm also glad it doesn't work for everyone because then it wouldn't be as nice here. So there ya go.

Reply to
George Conklin

clear, if nothing else.

That was clear from your first post... But we like you anyway.

Reply to
PeterD

You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
sam

Hee-he-he-he... Ok, if you say so.

Reply to
PeterD

You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
sam

Hee-he-he-he... Ok, if you say so.

Reply to
PeterD

if humans had grown at 0,65% a year since year 0 AD, we would have a person per square yard already, on the solid surface of the earth.

calculus: 320 millions * (1,006524)^2008=3D 1,5 (10^14) sq. meters

The prove that Malthus had reason in his theory is that we are not that many people in this planet. For it is not difficult that in many places population had been growing at 0,65% a year. At present, planet population had been growing for 200 years at 0,97% Leopoldo

Reply to
Geode

I think the next thermonuvlear war would explode from Iran and outwards.

Those Muslim nations had been growing at a demencial pace, well over

2,5% over tha past 50 years. They are living in very arid climates, and growing up faster than sudamericans and africans. This is themonuclear clock bomb ticking.

Leopoldo

Reply to
Geode

---------- snipped ----------

Of course, growth is limited. We will keep growing till everything is exploding in pieces, or collapsing. Perhaps we need a good plague, or a thermonuclear war to stop the demented growth.

In some place there is more room and water to grow food. But in many other places there are plenty of land but no water to grow food. Just take a look at the world map. You need to learn a little geography. In the US school do not teach much geography.

we would not lack energy for the next millennium, but not at the rate we are spending now. If the rate of consumption goes down to 1/1000 rate that our present consumption there would be not any trouble to have some candles, and we would have some wind mills to produce electricity, and some dams also. What if instead of 6.7 billion people we were just 6.7 million only? It would be much easier, isn't it?

Leopoldo

Reply to
Geode

:

yes. it would be a good solution to overpopulation. Leopoldo

Reply to
Geode

On 13 mar, 01:50, Pat wrote:

te:

I am watching at this moment at the population of Easter island growing an growing in an island of a about 15 miles. They started by killing all the land birds of the island that were flightless. Later they exterminated all the marine birds that were nesting on the island. They started to chop down trees to make room for agriculture. Then when the excess population was becoming impossible, they began to quarrel and to kill each other. Then, to avoid civil wars, they started the industry of building statues bigger and bigger each year. This way, they got the young population busy carving the statues, and carrying them to coast. With this entertainment the retarded the time of reproducing of the young people. The trouble with the statues is they needed to cut trees to make rails and paths to carry the statues to the shore. They had also to chop down some trees to make ropes with the fibers of their bark. Then after a century and a half, the stopped carving statues. There were no more tree to chop on the island. the, during the night, people from a clan pulled down the statues of the rival clans. And little by little they were tumbling down all the statues and ended in a terrible and constant warfare, that nearly annihilated most of the population. This proves that human mind are not rational on collective issues. And that something as visible as very tall trees can be tumbled down with a stone chopper till there is not any more left on the island.

This proves, that population does not stop ion their own, but by the way of little catastrophes. I am very pessimistic about the collective mind of humans is rational.

Leopoldo Leopoldo

Reply to
Geode

I heard a mathematician commenting that if Americans were to use green fuels to run their cars, at present rate o consumption, they will need all the agricultural lands of the US. Leopoldo

Reply to
Geode