Housing starts a.k.a. land attrition

Page 2 of 3

We can tell where you're coming from - it's the same school of thought and writing that the idiot from Brazil came from.
When you become moderately coherent, we can discuss this issue. Until then.

and
miles......No
The average commute is 10 miles and 21 minutes. Most commutes are suburb-to-suburb.

Again, Loomis' narrow world-view rears it's ugly head.

With the economy moving away from manufacturing (centralized) to services (de-centralized), the majority of people now live AND work in the suburbs, and the numbers, both percentage wise and shear numbers) are rising.
[Loomis, your emotional diatribes don't work on people that have been around the block a few times. I'm, sure your teachers taught you that you opinion was important, but it's not so.]
Just today the news stated that Atlanta Georgia is in a world of hurt with the commuting situation. They travel an average of 1 hour each way........... this is wrong.....The average commute is 10 miles and 21 minutes. Most commutes are

Where do you get this from?..........You must be dreaming............ anyway, I am just wasting my breath......... The United States is in a world of hurt when it comes to fuel consumption, driving habits, and transportation. Why do we have a war now going on in the middle east? Could it be from oil? Oh, I remember, we can use our reserves for 100 years.....we will be fine... You said that too! There is a glut of vehicles on the roadway, and no solutions yet to minimize this problem. Yes, we are trying with alternative vehicle development but it is a little late in developing..... The problem is here........
Anyway, I can see that nothing will help your ignorance......

(Some one must have left the door unlocked at the funny-farm - Can anyone make sense of that incoherent mess?)
Coming from someone as apparently demented as you, I take that in a positive fashion.

So what?

He's trying to explain things to someone utterly clueless.

Well, no, so the rest of this tripe is of little worth.

You should not make assumptions (such as that I was talking about kerogens), but then you'd have to really THINK, not just emote.
Matt W. Barrow wrote:

You didn't answer the question. Where will it come from?

Oh come on. Stop being simplistic. We will not run out of oil -- ever. Period. End of sentence.
As supplies become more and more limited, price goes up. As price goes up, substitutes become feasible. As substitutes become more plentiful, there is less demand for oil. Eventuall, substitutes will take over completely because it's too expensive to pump the remaining oil, so it will sit in the ground forever. It's economics 101.
So where will it all come from -- substitution. But right now, it's to early to know what the ultimate substitute will be. But in the end, the market will prevail. It always does.

Well, we could, if alternative are not developed.
But not only are substitutes developed, drilling in more difficult and inhospitable locations becomes feasible, both technologically and economically.

Econ 101 - something these two ratchetheads don't comprehend. They apparently have been innured with the "Fixed Pie" school of thought.

Right now, the US has AT LEAST 50 years of oil deposits available fairly readily.
Just one hundred years ago, a 1000 foot well was a major accomplishment. Today, 28,000 feet is no big deal.
As well, major strides are being made in nuclear generation http://gt-mhr.ga.com , even the Tokomac Fusion generator holds some longer term promise.
our lives are enhanced by the geniuses of the world (like those mentioned in the above web articles), not the putzes banging away on daddy's computer like Bloomquist and Loomis.

Not from kerogens.
Do you know any other reserves that we have discovered?
I do.
Matt W. Barrow wrote:

You didn't answer the question.

Then, answer the question.
My guess now, methane hydrates. Show me a realistic study. If not, just answer the question.
(hand waving goes here...)

You didn't answer the first one, which was that your Kerotans was irrelevant.

You first.

No.
Your ignorance is incredible. Your reading skills substantially less.
Okay, here's a clue: the original point, that you completely ignored, was NOT substitutes.

That's not hand waving, that's jerking off.
Now, I suspect you're still in school, and you've just finished a class in which you're ego has just gotten a substantially inflated.
I may be wrong, but if I am, I wonder why you come off like a newbie with inflated expectations of your knowledge.
Here's another clue: I am working right now, with several people in the Oil & Gas industries in Wyoming, Colorado, and, to a lesser degree, Texas and Oklahoma (I am in construction, not specifically O&G). They are a very good source of real, objective and empirical data regarding O&G production potentials.
You, on the other hand, are evidently a clueless dweeb whose ego is about to get smashed because you believed your teachers when they told you that your opinion was important, but didn't understand, because they didn't comprehend it either, that your opinion was NOT VALID.
Matt W. Barrow wrote:

I did. Talk about reading skills.
So, you make a claim and refuse to back it up.

Sounds like pot/kettle to me.
<snip worthless content>
(More hand waving goes here)

No, you made a GUESS.
Actually, you made two GUESSES. Indeed, your reading comprehension skills ARE pathetic.

Another SFB guess! I'm in my 50's, with an BSEE and MSCE and run my own $6M company.

You couldn't even discern something from the hints I gave you.
So, go back and keep jerking off. Your teacher will love you for it, aside from the FACT that many get out of school at 18 and never mature, other than physically, beyond that point.
Can you GUESS what that means? Here's another hint: I've already surmised YOUR position - it's typical from your "arguments".
Matt W. Barrow wrote:

You didn't answer the question.

You guess so? As a matter of fact, I did, I just wasn't about the be drawn into your guessing game.
You're the one that made the claim, snotball. You said we were running out of fuel and used two totally irrelevant substitutes to make your point. That is utter ignorance that I'm not willing to sift out from you.
Then you GUESSED at what we (a couple others) meant.
(I'm having such fun playing with this pompous and pretentious know-nothing)
Ask an INTELLIGENT and RELEVANT question and I'll answer it - I'm not going to respond to your SFB tantrums.
Matt W. Barrow wrote:

No, you did not. I only see the claim: "Right now, the US has AT LEAST 50 years of oil deposits available fairly readily."
So, you didn't answer the question.
, I just wasn't about the be drawn

I'm asking you to answer the question, 'Where will the oil come from?'
You won't answer the question so I've been left to do the guessing.

Where will the oil for the future come from? Where are these 50 years of oil in the U.S.? Why are we producing at some 5 mb/d and consuming at 21 mb/d if it is 'somewhere'?
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_crd_crpdn_adc_mbblpd_a.htm
As you can see, oil production in the U.S. is in pretty severe decline.

From the known reserves.

Do you know what a "static" study is?
Do you know how much we CAN produce?

Gee...I wonder why that is? Think the environuts (you and your buddies) might have something to do with that?
Don't tie lead weights around a sprinters ankles then bitch that he keep losing races.
Matt W. Barrow wrote:

We have used more than half the known reserves in the world. That is why conventional production is peaking. New discoveries are now running about a sixth of demand.

It seems we 'can' produce 5 mb/d and it is declining.

That is an old lame argument. Off shore plus ANWR might get 2 mb/d in six or seven years. It is hardly the issue.
You really don't know much about oil, do you?....