Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst

Page 2 of 3
Bob - Keep a positive attitude, beat it with your brain. Best. Don

Good luck and I hope the nurses are pretty.

...and friendly. ;-)

EDS

Fortunately for Bob, only the good die young.

Our Grandaughter was diagnosed with Leukemia ~ 1 year ago, (age 2 1/2) and it's now in remission. Aside from the treatment (chemo) she was also a hell of a trooper, amazing how much internal fortitude humans muster when necessary. With a good support network, mainly parents, she had a good positive attitude. The chemo leads to mood-swings, but all-in-all she managed to bridge those fairly well, considering she really couldn't understand why she had to quit day care to go to a hospital. After awhile when the nurse came in she'd just stick out her arm while playing, singing and yaborating.
You finally have an excuse to spoil yourself rotten!

Best wishes Ken & Lynne Tucker

Hey Bob, I empathize with your situation, but I'm afraid that we can't let you off that easy. None of this past tense "enjoyed" stuff. You've added a lot around here and there's no flipping way you're cutting out on us. There's work to be done and fun to be had.
So, take care of the doctor crap, do what you gotta do, and get your ass back here!
Taking a laptop to the hospital is an excellent idea. You'll be able to keep up with your newsgroups to make sure we don't muck things up, keep us posted, and watch movies that you want to see instead of the five channels they show in hospitals. If you want, I can send you this disk I...errr....found, titled Tender Teenage Nurses. If that doesn't get you up and about, nothing will! ;)

I don't post much but follow what's going on here and appreciate the input of all the professionals here. Best wishes, Bob.
God Bless and protect, Bob.

I really hope that you get better,you really give very good advises,i always check when you write something, and remember mind over body and never give up!
Hi Bob,
Sorry to hear your news...You gave good info stuff here and will be missed... I wish you the best on your health issues...I had a Aunt on my wife's side that just died...But at 88..she had leukemia like 40 years...So I'm saying take heart and know you are going to be ok...just do what your doing...take action, get your facts and do the treatments...
Hope to see you back here soon kid...
Lansing
wrote:

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...
Yes best wishes to you
and I hope to hear from you again really soon
. . .

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/348984_obitmorrison28.html

A great and knowledgeable fellow. This group is much lessened by his loss.
Matt W. Barrow ha scritto:

Bob really was a great fellow. I had the opportunity to learn much from his postings on sci.engr.civil. Goodbye, Bob
Franz (from Italy)
It is too bad that the article didn't tell about his engineering experience when he left the Blue Moon Tavern business. He had a long going engineering practice in Poulsbo WA and a helper in the 'Seattle Engineering Association of Washington"
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/348984_obitmorrison28.html

He had a lot fo good things to say, and a lot to offer. "Sad" doesn't quite sum it up.
Everyone is referring to him in the past tense.
Did I read his wrong?

Unfortunately for everyone who ran across him, no. Kris posted the obit above. I feel a real sense of loss and I never met the guy. I can only imagine what a stellar man he was in real life and the loss of those who knew him well.

No, I didn't post it, I replied to someone else's having posted it. But I seem to recall it also being mentioned a few weeks ago.

His posts were always those of a Gentleman, and a Man (caps fully intentional). I never spoke with him directly, but even in someone's writing, their qualities show through, and I always enjoyed his writings.

Somewhat more an emptyness, or a hole... We'll all miss him.