Home Depot At-Home Services (Roofing)

Anyone having problems with a roof leaking after it was installed by Home Depot ?

Reply to
Ranter

Anyone having problems with a roof leaking after it was installed by Home Depot ?

Reply to
Ranter

you know not to defend homodepot

but it is not home depot staff that installs those roofs

home depot hires the lowest cost contractor in the area they pay them less then a regular contractor would charge you

and the contractor working for home depot gets no advantage no benifits or insurance or taxes paid...nothing

you are better off getting a roofer that is well known and paying a little more then getting someone that home depot will use and throw away.

This way small contractors with 1 to 10 employees will stay in business and they wont go the way of small farmers that got replaced by big companies.

better yet do it yourself if you can afford a house you should be able to take care of it

unless you have real physical problems then you should get a contractors discount

Reply to
<moo

the guys doing the roofs for home depot are the small contractors. they have to honor at least a one year warranty. call the contractor, if they refuse to come fix it, call home depot. I would bet home depot won&#39;t give you any help with this, i am sure there was some sort of waiver form you signed stating such.

Reply to
longshot

By your logic, we shouldn&#39;t need contractors at all except to help the handicapped. And in doing so, contractors should work for cheap or free.

I&#39;m glad I don&#39;t live in your world.

Real world logic would dictate that if you have a house you should be able to afford to take care of it.

I have a 2800sf colonial with a fairly steep pitched shingle roof and a steep dropoff in the back. At 56 years old, I have no desire to climb up there and try to strip and reshingle the roof, doing it slower and not as well as a competent roofing crew. Fortunately, I have the means to not have to do that. I can hire a roofer. See how simple that is?

Reply to
John Reddy

Why do you think that HD won&#39;t help? When I got some wood floors done through HD, I ordered through HD and paid HD for the job. That makes them the General Contractor and the flooring guys were the subs working for the GC. HD is 100% responsible for the job.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

Only when it rains.

Reply to
Cathy Strong

Sometimes when snow melts too.

Believe me, t&#39;ain&#39;t melting here today, KC area.

Reply to
Glenn