high voltage electrical & water supply line

Can anyone tell me if you can run high-voltage powerlines and a water supply line in the same ditch? I need to run power, water & telephone lines underground 800 ft. and would like to dig only one ditch if possible. Thanks Jack Kuusisto snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
I'm guessing by "high voltage" you mean the service drop to your house, which is 120/240 V. yes it is done where I live. water lines are buried at seven feet below grade, and electric service is laid on a "shelf" on the side of the trench. for the real scoop though, call your local electrical inspector.
bodega wrote:

As long as you can maintain 12" of clearance between the utilities, they can all be installed in the same trench.

By "high voltage" I meant the power before the transformer which could be 1000 volts or higher. They (power co.) will have to place a transformer near the location of the new house. The 800 ft. or so before the transformer is the area where I want to run the water with the power. Thanks for the replies. Erik Dillenkofer wrote:

As long as you can maintain 12" of clearance between all utilities, they can go in the same trench. We routinely run 13.2 KV primary cable (in conduit) in the same trench as water, telephone, CATV, and gas ... in Florida. Best bet is to check with your power company and see if they require greater clearance. Some utilities have their own standards which exceed the NESC requirements.