height of stoop

I have a covered concrete stoop that is about the same height as the 1st floor with a raised door threshold seperating them.
My question is can I use 3/8 ceramic tile on the stoop or would raise the stoop level the slighly ? The threshold will be slightly higher than the finished tile but the floor of the house will be lower.
The stoop is sloped correctly and only driving rain will get close to the door. The house and stoop are 50 y.o. On a neighbors house, during a recent renovation, they cut the concrete down by about 1/2" with a saw. They then layed flagstone.
Thanks in advanced to a great newsgroup.
Steve
Steve wrote:

I think you could get away with what you propose, but as you clearly feel it is taking a chance. TB
I wouldn't do it as is. Too many risks with weather and safety. Wet ceramic tile is almost always slippery and water can and will get into the house perhaps leaking under the threshold soaking and rotting structure beneath.
Think about setting the cutting depth of the blade on a circular saw to the depth of the surface of the stoop that needs to be lowered. Snap a bunch of lines one inch apart on the surface of the stoop and kerf the surface. Then take a 3" cold chisel and a maul and take the kerfs off by hand.
<%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com / MAP 432'17"N 882'37"W : 432'17"N 882'37"W

Thanks for the replies. Of course the tile would not be the usual bathroom tile, bit one that is not slippery when wet.
I will consider cutting the concrete down using a circular saw and a diamong blade. If I did that then I would use flagstone. I just think that my wife would not want to deal with the project for 2 weeks. I do not know how long it would take to cut down the 5' x 5' stoop. I would imagine that I could leave the 2 steps alone. What do you think ???
Steve

Steve, Code says risers and treads are to be uniform. I think 3/8" variation is allowed. Clinton makes an excellent point about water and the frame of the house. I see it all the time and fired off a response without thinking. Flashing that runs from below the threshold and down the face of the framing is helpful. Dams at the jambs are the best way to go. Your wife may want to visit family for a week or so. TB