HDPE on Outfeed Table

A little background before my question. A few years back I built a 4X8 outfeed table around my Uni. Top was a sheet of 3/4" MDF with a few coats of varnish. Worked well as an assembly bench and outfeed table, with the saw in the lefthand corner. Bearings went out on the Uni and I had to tear apart the outfeed table to get at the Uni guts. Lets just say the glued and screwed MDF top doesn't look as good now as it did a week ago. Starting the re-assembly of the saw and I'm planning the outfeed table (aka assembly bench). Planning on a sheet good top. Last evening I found a

1/4" sheet of HDPE in black with a slick smooth side and a slightly textured reverse side (not rough, more like a textured formicia). Think it would make a great surface. I want to be able to remove it for the next time I need to replace bearings, and here comes the question. Does anyone have any experience with attaching HDPE to a large flat surface? I'm thinking of screws with a countersink...but would appreciate your suggestions and thoughts.
Reply to
Bruce Kaatz