Hardwod floor type question.

Howdy,
Why some hardwood floors have the designation "gunstock" after the wood type? Is it some type of treatment they undergo during manufacturing? Does it imply higher/lower quality or something else?
Thanks in advance!

As far as I can tell, it's just a popular color.
--
Dennis

On May 26, 5:46 am, snipped-for-privacy@SPAMwowway.com (DT) wrote:

I was comparing the Mahogany types, which are the ones I'm planning to use. When put side by side I could not notice any big difference between the one with the label "gunstock" and the other one with no label. I could even mix them up and later could not tell the difference.