Grout instead of Stucco?

We are looking at a short sale home that was built here in Florida in 2006. It was a builder's spec home and never lived in. I'll copy and paste an opinion that one person had after looking at the outside of the house.
"I've looked at your house now 4 times with multiple people - concerning your stucco and paint - because I've been a little baffled about the problems with the stucco and the color variations. I finally determined that the house is actually not coated with stucco - it is covered with colored grout - a very thin coat. I have never seen it done before and never heard of it done before - and it will not last. There is no product you can seal it with or coat it with or "glue" it with that will make it adhere to the house. Stucco and grout - neither one is a structural product. Neither one is water-proof - they are both porous and should be sealed with a good primer and a good paint. However, grout is not traditionally used in a "whole-house" application. I have to think the builder was "dooped" into it by someone with a good sales pitch. When it was first completed, it probably did give the house a very unique look due to the natural color variations in the grout - for a very inexpensive price. Grout is cheap. And the thickness of the coating applied on your house is extremely thin. Stucco is usually applied 1/4" - 1/2" thick, depending on the finish and texture chosen and also dependant on whether the metal lathe is required in the application. The thinness of the grout coating - just means that the cracks and chipping and peeling will happen more easily - and was probably part of making it cheaper to apply than stucco. Grout is more "brittle" than stucco and will come off easier anyway"
Has anyone heard of such? Thanks, Mike
Sounds like a stage set for a Movie? I have seen stucco men use a colored mixture out of a metal bucket that is like stucco that is applied to stucco wire and a vapor barrier.... I wonder if this grout has any wire under it? Probably not.... It is like "Concrete Icing" Interesting...... john