"Green" Construction

No. I mentioned the windows because that home lost tons of heat through that window, so that contributed to the c-c-c-c-old.

Yeah, I like the idea of a wood stove.

Reply to
ta

Non-sequitur as well as false-alternative.

Try again and can the false sophistication; it doesn't work on people past high school.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Why do you give a crap what some ditz, who apparently has no (cognitive) skill beyond punching out kids, says?

In most of the industrialized world, population growth is flat and many nations (Japan, Russia, etc) are not re-producing enough to maintain parity.

Not really. Here's an example: In 1400, the "carrying capacity of North America was about million. What's it's population today?

The most scarse resource is between one's ears. If you don't have it yourself, you're not likely to recognize it in others.

Bullet in the mouth...take out the obdula oblongata..

I see: another punk lost in the shift between Hollyweird and reality. No small wonder.

Yes, you are indeed taking up useful resources.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Fuck society.

Interesting, that's all you've brought to it.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Surprise, surprise! The gang of parasites that has never produced anything but hot air and strife.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Got to have something there in the first place...from what I've seen his limit is barfing the Malthusian BS. Ya' think it's take HIM 200 years to figure he's wrong?

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Say Matt, most of us who actually are past high school don't count your years of listening to talk radio as qualification to make such judgments. Are you capable of anything more than the usual catch- phrases and insults? Care to state your theory of perpetual growth in detail?

-tg

Reply to
tg

Apparently your high school did not cover analogy. You should be able to pick it up in bonehead logic 020. Aristotle was not the apex of reasoning.

If you always focus on your little narrow world, there will always be some damage you can do with no regard to wider consequence. Your task is to develop a larger world view.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

He did get the time frame wrong, but there is good evidence that the Malthusian catastrophe has been under way for about 20 years, and is getting worse. So far it only killing about 10 million or 20 million people a year, mostly children, so you may not have noticed.

Pro-fertility is murder.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

You sound like some kind of pavement punk trying to act like a grown up. I'm 61 years old, and still farming part of a donation land claim that my great, great grandfather filed in 1847. I have half a dozen family members who are still farming grain, row crops, vineyard, livestock and timber. I frequently talk with very smart, highly successful farmers, foresters and commodity traders. They are all quite aware of how fragile world food security is. It wouldn't take much to tip the world into food deficit. The economic crisis may do it. Drought or floods may do it. The sure thing is that it's going to happen in our lifetimes, even if you are over 60.

Unlike you, I follow the agricultural press closely. If you were actively involved in agriculture, you would already know the things I have been telling you, because they have been reported steadily for months. You just won't find it on Fox News or talk radio.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

If everyone who thinks the planet is over-populated would off themselves then the earth would instantly be back in balance.

Reply to
Art

One more scum bag who would rather kill someone than practice birth control. I suppose there will always be sociopaths with no sense of morals, but I'm saddened that you aren't ashamed.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell