Granite saw?

Someone posted a question about worm drive saws, and mentioned their own preference, mentioning they use their's for cutting concrete pavers, bricks, etc. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good piece of equipment for making good cuts in marble and granite. I've got a bunch of large remnants and would like them cut to a particular size. I'll take it in to a pro to have them put a nice edge and buff it out, but I'd like to make the cuts, if possible.

Reply to
HockeyFan

you need to use a diamond blade wet cut saw

Its not the easiest thing to do because you have to support the material evenly or you risk a fracture

Most big pieces are cut on a table with a wetsaw if you are cutting open sink holes in the field you can use a 4" diamond blade and a grinder Edging is put on with a carbide tip router bit

its not going to be easy, fun or quick

Reply to
<moo