Granite Fabrication

I wanted to try to fabricate a granite countertop myself to learn how to do it. I got all the tools I thought I needed (spent about $500) and started in. Everything went smoothly but, for the life of me, I can't get the final polish on. I started wet polishing with the 50 wheel on slow speed and progressed to 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3000 and Buf. The granite is smooth to the touch and when it is wet it looks great and has the look I am trying to achieve. But when the water dries off it looks a little bit duller and "whiter" than the mill finish.

Just to test, I picked a small 4"x4" area and took plenty of time with each grit not pressing too hard or using too much water, but it just won't polish up. I spent all day working this stone. So, I have 2 questions :

1 - Is there some product that can take the stone from the polished but dull state it is in and give it a 'wet' look ? 2 - When wet polishing, since the stone looks 'polished' how do the pros know that all areas have been sanded and it is time to move on to the next grit?

Thank you, Curt

Reply to
crhras

Dennis

Excellent !!! that's the stuff. I found it today and it worked great !!

Reply to
crhras