Good method to soundproof my windows

Hey everybody, I live in the Chicagoland area near O'Hare airport and was thinking about soundproofing my windows to try to reduce the noise from airport traffic. I'd like to do it as inexpensively as possible but don't have the time to do it myself. I was thinking of finding a contractor that does this kind of work but I don't know where to begin, does anyone have some ideas or know of a good company to go with? Thanks for your help, Sarah

How much are you willing to spend per window?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Many airport authorities have sound abatement programs. In some cases, they pay for sound reducing windows, in others, they can give you good advice regarding materials, contractors, etc.
See what they have online.

How old is your house? How many pane's of glass in each window? How old are the windows? Is it a house or condo? Lou
On Apr 11, 4:21 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Sarah, I'm associated with OptiXshield, a Chicagoland based window insulation and soundproofing installer. We carry a product line that we're sure can fit your needs and price requirements. It will virtually eliminate noise pollution that enters through your windows. In the Chicago area we're also affected by drastically changing temperatures, our dual pane technology will also reduce your utility bills by providing an extra barrier to the outdoors. Though already inexpensive, over time our product will pay for what little damage your pocketbook may incur. We offer free estimates so give us a call at 1-877-75-ENERGY or visit us on the web at www.optixshield.com.
Clint Gilbert wrote:

How convenient that Sarah happens to live in Chicago and you just happen to be "associated with" a Chicago window installer. I'd guess your association with them is that you do their spamming.
Yup, I just checked and Sarah's and Clint's headers are identical. They are the same poster.
--
Art

Way to go Art. I was wondering why the OP never answered anyone...
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Art wrote:

Nice work, Art!
--
Notan

Good job Art. Sometimes you would think that some folks that post to newsgroup actually need help. But as the world turns you find folks like this. Maybe their business is slow this time of year. How many contacts do you think they can get by just doing this single post in a newsgroup?
CID...
Art - how awesome busting this spammer. I love it :)

Great Catch!