Gas Stove Clearance

We are considering replacing our slide-in range with a dual-fuel gas burner and electric convection oven. Problem is that so far we have been quoted 3 different clearance requirements to the exhaust fan and cabinetry. We have been told a 400 cu feet per minute fan and 18 in from cooktop to bottom of fan and 30 in to bottom of cabinetry is code (This is what we have). Then it was 24 in to bottom of fan and finally 30 in to bottom of fan with a minimum of 600 cu fet per minute. We've tried to ask the local gas company but got another run-around. Does anyone know where we can find the Ontario code requirement?
--
| Delivered via http://www.homeownershub.com |
On Jun 21, 6:34pm, donandnina_at_rogers_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (donandnina) wrote:

I would ask the local building official. I would also ask the manufacturer for their recommendation. T