Gas pipe through load bearing wall

Trying to figure out if it's possible to install a gas fireplace in my livingroom in the back of the house. Inside we have a concrete slab floor. Outside we have a brick patio and fence with part of a driveway. Figure the best route is through the wall but the pipe would need to run through about 15 feet of 4" exterior wall studs which I believe is load bearing. The nearest beam is about 10 feet away running parallel to the exterior wall. The wall includes an exterior door about 8" off the floor so the pipe would need to run below the door near the baseboards and behind a heating duct that runs up the wall to the 2nd floor.
The front of the house has a basement area so running the pipe to the base of the living room wall shouldn't be a problem.
I believe I would need to put a header board above the pipe and double or triple up the studs to support the beam since due to the span and size of the studs.
I don't plan on doing any of this work myself. Just wondering if this is plausible and at what cost, and if I'm missing an easier solution.
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 14798 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 5, 12:29 pm, cjluzius_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (CJ) wrote:

CJ-
Repost with a clearer description and you'll be more likely to get replies.
Short answer it's doable.
And "yes", I'm sure you're missing an easier solution. Running a new gas line usually does not require adding new substantial load bearing structure (if any).
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖
Are you talking about natural gas or LPG/propane, nat gas they use the black iron pipe, only prob there is making the joints, longest length I have seen is maybe 10 foot long, with propane, I have seen copper used so it can be a continus run, we did that for our space heater in the living room, running the line under the house, and if I recall right, it was 5/8's copper, but nat gas has to use black iron so dont know how much problem the joints will be

Add pictures here
✖

What ever you use, it needs a 24 hr. pressure check with a air gauge. Not like checking tire pressure.
Add pictures here
✖