garage and elect. code

Am I required to have a light on a switch inside my 3 foot door to my garage and also near the large garage door.

Ask your building inspector, he'll tell you in about three seconds. The authorative Usenet answer is: "maybe".
Only at the walk through door. But that's only if the garage has lights.

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:23:16 -0600, "S. Barker"

Good thing you qualified that! I can see garages built without lights, but then having a switch.
IMHO, if the vehicle door can be opened from outside, I'd personally want a switch there (mine does, part of the door opener switch which is inside next to the door). It has come in handy several times.
I put one inside my garage walk in door, just below the door opener button, the door opener has a light, but I dont always raise it when going out there. Craig