gable end headers

I am a builder in RI. We always put headers in gable walls it eliminates call backs for those pesky stress cracks that ALWAYS SHOW UP. Your first instinct was correct. Ask your building inspector if you have any doubts. There is no requirement for the headers when trusses are used. Further, plans drawn by an architect which are stamped by him only say that by his stamp ,he is concluding that his design is acceptable by code. I wont go into all the times the architects are wrong. Your instincts are correct, follow them. Good luck.
david ashworth wrote:

David. You're not replying to the original post. Instead you are starting new threads which makes things more difficult to follow. In some of your replies you didn't quote what you were responding to, which makes it very difficult to follow. Please see what you can do. Thanks.
BTW, where in RI are you?

football!