Freeze-Thaw requirements

Dear all,

My question relates to the freeze-thaw requirements on a Natural Stone panels.

My company is coming up with a new product for US market: natural stone veneer panels from limestone. These panels come in standard sizes in flats and corners. The individual pieces of stones, that form the standard size panel, are glued together by high quality epoxy.

I am familiar with ASTM C1026 (Standard test method for measuring the resistance of ceramic tile to freeze-thaw cycling) which requires the panels to be exposed to 50 Freeze-Thaw cycles.

Question: What requirement would and Architect, Designer, Building Official would have on this type of a product on the East coast (Boston, New York, Connecticut areas) and what other tests should we run on our product (natural stone panels) in order to make it easy for Architects and Designers to specify it.

Sincerely,

Lasha

Reply to
tsatava