Framing for Triangle/Trapazoid windows

-------------------------------------
I'm wondering about the framing of Triangle/Trapazoid windows in gable end walls and gable dormers. Building is in WA state (Pierce County). Cathedral ceilings with strutural ridge beam and rafters. The triangles are above a square window. Are headers necessary above the square and above the triangle following the slope of roof?
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 16057 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
I would assume that the rafter carries the roof load, and since the weight is directed to the outer walls no header is needed. Also what size are the rafters......If they are exposed beam, 4x6 or so, I would not see a header needed. I would think that the square lower may need some header i.e. a 4x4 to support the load of the upper window . that is my only thought. Also a person could double up the rafter if support is needed. i.e. a small rafter with a gable end rafter may need to be doubled to increase its load ability. jloomis