Formerly flooded house

I am buying a house in NJ which has an outdoor heating and cooling unit I g uess its like a heat pump and I think it was at least partially under the o cean or bay or whatever during the hurricane "Sandy". It sits about a foo t off the ground and I wonder if it can be salvaged with just a circuit boa rd replacement and maybe a blower motor.
My brother was able to make repairs to both the outdoor air conditioning unit and the gas fired heating below the house. Heat pumps don't work that well during NJ winters.
I am buying a house in NJ which has an outdoor heating and cooling unit I guess its like a heat pump and I think it was at least partially under the ocean or bay or whatever during the hurricane "Sandy". It sits about a foot off the ground and I wonder if it can be salvaged with just a circuit board replacement and maybe a blower motor.
On 3/31/2013 8:17 PM, snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

The only way you'll know is to disassemble the unit and inspect all the components. Pay particular attention to the circuit boards, the capacitors, the fan motor, and especially the wiring harness.
There is a chance that it can be repaired if you can get parts.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:17:16 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@juno.com"

its like a heat pump and I think it was at least partially under the ocean or bay or whatever during the hurricane "Sandy". It sits about a foot off the ground and I wonder if it can be salvaged with just a circuit board replacement and maybe a blower motor.
Take a close look. How much corrosion is on the coils? All the wiring might need to be replaced, salt water inside the insulation is not a good thing.
They do make "Shore Duty" rated condensers at about $200-300 more than standard. If you put in a standard unit you will see lots of corrsion on all the coils in just a few years.
Mount it 3 feet off the ground. At least that worked for Ocean City NJ.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy