foam perimeter skirt

> 4"? Did you use treated lumber for everything within 18" of grade? I > would never stuff the space entirely with insulation no matter how > tempting that might be. It would end up being a perfect nesting place > for vermin, you wouldn't be able to inspect underneath to make sure > everything is copasetic, and it'd end up being a mold breeding ground. > Rigid insulation would be a good choice in your situation. Cut it to > fit with some expanding foam as needed to seal the edges. It's a > little more expensive, but the higher R-value will give you whatever > level of insulation you want and keep it within the depth of the joist > bay. > > R

I shouldn't have piggy backed a question on someone else's post. So I will initiate my own on a similar topic.

hmmm... I too am doing something similar. I am between 12" and 24" above grade however. I was thinking of making a 2" foam skirt around the perimeter and make it removable so as to let it breath in warmer months. I was also going to stucco the exterior faces. You mentioned solid insulation. Would that be foam or lumber?

Any drawbacks on doing this foam skirt?