foam perimeter skirt

I shouldn't have piggy backed a question on someone else's post. So I will initiate my own on a similar topic.
hmmm... I too am doing something similar. I am between 12" and 24" above grade however. I was thinking of making a 2" foam skirt around the perimeter and make it removable so as to let it breath in warmer months. I was also going to stucco the exterior faces. You mentioned solid insulation. Would that be foam or lumber?
Any drawbacks on doing this foam skirt?