Fluoresant light driving me nuts won't go on

We have a flouresant light in the bathroom that has worked for 4 years. Recently it just stopped working and we bought a new tube, that didn't help. It only glows at either end but never fully ignites. I checked the casing and I can't see any little tube that others I've fixed have that I assume triggers the fluorescing. Can anyone help me out? I don't even know how to open the casing.

Reply to
harry palmer

for 4 years.

that didn't help.

checked the casing

that I assume

even know how to

Bad transformer or starters...it will be cheaper and less hassle by a wide margin to simply get a new fixture.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

thanks for the advice Phil I'll get one tomorrow. Thanks again for taking the time.

Reply to
harry palmer

when a fluorescent light stops working,only 3 things can be wrong....bad bulb,bad ballast,or the tombstones (ends) need replaced

Reply to
electric39