Floor Tile Selection for Kitchen

We want to put in a new floor in our kitchen. We want some type of tile but I don't know the pros and cons of the different types. Can someone post a quick summary or a link to some good information about tile selection? We will be paying someone to put it in...
Thanks, Kevin
Clocker wrote:

This might help
http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projects/ctile/tile_1.htm
make sure you get a tile with similiar colored core. You don't want white tile that gets chiped and shows terracotta underneath

Alternatively put down stone. Depending on the tile you like you can get beautiful limestone for the same price (or cheaper) and you get wonderful natural variation that you'll never get from ceramic tile.
Oh, and it'll last forever!
Yorick www.SaferBuilding.com