flitch beam installation

I have to install a flitch beam to accomodate a 16' span. The engineer called for it to sit on two 4x4's on each end. What type of hardware do I need to tie the beam to the 4x4? Is there some kind of boot or sleeve that I am supposed to use?
Thanks, Kevin
Depends on the situation, but a shoe is pretty common.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
On Jan 30, 8:26 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Have you checked Simpson Strong Tie web site? TB
In a previous post snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote...

Why not ask the engineer?
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

Per Bob M's comment............if the engineer spec'd it, let him detail it. A phone cal from him or a faxed hand sketch is better than guessing.
cheers Bob
wrote...

I don't know how that didn't occur to me <hangs head and skulks off>
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca