Flat roof insulation question

I'm thinking about putting isocyanurate board insulation on top of a flat (low pitch) roof that slopes to a gutter . The old roofing would need to be stripped.
To get R20, the board would need to be about 2.5" thick and I am concerned about the mounting height of the gutter. I was wondering if it is common to put a treated wood edging (e.g. 2.5" high) against the edge of the insulation and then covered by the roofing/drip edging? This could support the gutter brackets quite a bit higher than could be done with the current gutter board.
The building is bermed below grade so the gutter and edge of the roofing is much lower and more visible than normal, and I'm trying to make the building look better from this side.
Alternatively, maybe I should leave the gutter low, and just figure on putting some kind of facade over the gutter?
Anyone know where I could find some example detailing of this kind of situation?
Thanks, Bill
bill allemann wrote:

i don't know where you can find details. i have seen a strip of wood around the perimeter in these situations. don't see why it wouldn't work.