Flaking Concrete repair

I have inherited a large (6' x 8' x 10') water tank built in 1969 located in a very remote location.I am experiencing considerable flaking of the concrete primarily on the interior and in select sites on the exterior. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to go about repairing this problem. I am not the least bit concerned about appearance but am very concerned about the effects any repairs may impart upon my water supply.
i think "quick-crete" makes a cement for "re-plastering" a water tank...if not that company, hopefully some others will supply you with a different company...all old stuff should be cleaned off, and some primer applied, then re-coat it with the new cement...

In a previous post snipped-for-privacy@telus.net wrote...

Sounds like the tank was never given a proper water seal coat. You will want something that bonds chemically with the concrete or perhaps an epoxy paint.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
snipped-for-privacy@telus.net wrote: