Flaking Concrete repair

I have inherited a large (6' x 8' x 10') water tank built in 1969 located in a very remote location.I am experiencing considerable flaking of the concrete primarily on the interior and in select sites on the exterior. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to go about repairing this problem. I am not the least bit concerned about appearance but am very concerned about the effects any repairs may impart upon my water supply.

Reply to
tonto1

i think "quick-crete" makes a cement for "re-plastering" a water tank...if not that company, hopefully some others will supply you with a different company...all old stuff should be cleaned off, and some primer applied, then re-coat it with the new cement...

Reply to
s c r o o g e

Sounds like the tank was never given a proper water seal coat. You will want something that bonds chemically with the concrete or perhaps an epoxy paint.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

does this mean spalling?

Reply to
aaron

Two companies that may be helpful furnishing the products you are looking for are: Fox Industries in the Baltimore region

and Sika USA
contact either or both and ask for tech support. My experience with both companies over the past 30 yrs. has been on the positive side.

Reply to
Tom Cular