Fireplace for Church Lobby - kid safe?

My church recently purchased property to build a larger sanctuary. We are seeking ways to make the lobby more inviting to people staying and talking with each other. A fireplace seems to be a great way to encourage that.

However, it occured to me that there can be some things that need to be addressed in an enviroment with a lot of children. I suspect an open fire would allow for a curious kid to throw stuff into it to see how it burns. This may be OK on a wood fire, but not in a gas fire using fake logs.

I imagine there are companies that specialize on fireplace for non- home enviroments. Places like ski lodges. They should be familiar with these kinds of issues.

Can anyone recommend such a company?

Joe Dunfee, Member of Keystone Evangelical Free Church Paradise, PA

Reply to
cadcoke4