finishing basement with infloor heat..

Hello, I'm looking at finishing my basement that has slab infloor hear. My main question is how can I attatch a studded wall to the floor given that I don't want to slash any pipes in the concret. Is there anyother way without doing a thermal scan to get a location of the pipes (I really don't want to have to that) .
Any assistance would be appriciated.
Rob

Has the pipe got a metal foil layer?
No unfortunitly it does not. Its plastic I think. Unfortunitly I can't ask the builder, since his business is no longer alive. So i'm left to guess.
thanks Rob

I actually read somewhere that someone used PL premium polyurethane glue to get the studed walls attatched to the floor.
Would this work?
fit 'em in there snug to the floorjoists and use liquid nails at the bottom. They won't go anywhere. You're not planning on running your car into them are you?

on 9/6/2007 11:20 AM hal said the following:

If you are building a stud wall around the perimeter of the basement, the only movement of the studs would be away from the wall at the base. A few metal straps attached to the studs and perimeter wall will stop that without punching holes in the floor. A partition wall across the floor needs finding the heat tubes. The best way would be the use of thermography. Check your local yellow pages to find someone that provides this service ($). How about you wet mop the whole floor and see if it dries over the tubes first.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I used liquid nails to secure my walls to a concrete floor with radiant heating tubes and it worked great. I would suggest you frame the walls on the floor, raise them up to where you want it and mark that location... remove wall and apply the liquid nails. One problem we had was when attempting to "re-raise" the wall on the liquid nails, the bottom plate would slip - having help while raising the walls would address that problem.

Thanks very much for the tips!