extractor reducer 150mm to 83mm

Has anyone come across this. I need to vent out my wetroom extrator fan that is cieling mounted through the roof. I have a Redland ministonewols vent out tilethat has a 83mm spigot. However the fan I have has a 150mm requirment. There is not a redland one available. So I need to secure something that fits between 150mm spigot to the tile (83mm spigot). The distance between the two is about 1.2 metres only straight up to roof..
Any advice. Sid
Just out of curiosity, are you talking about an exhaust fan?
message

about an exhaust

I am trying to vent out a standard shower extractor fan (ie steam / condensation) etc.
Sid

Sounds like you likely need a larger "vent out" as (US) you have a 6" outlet on the fan and only a 3.5" "vent out". Sounds like you may just need a 4 x 6 IR (increaser reducer). This is in US inches, 4" to 6" round sheet metal increaser/reducer given the metric I am not sure but if you are in the US they are available anywhere. That said, the fan isnt going to perform to it specs being choked down to a 3.5"-4" outlet.
Mark
I actually need a reducer 6" to 3.25"+-. Has anyone done this and how will it affect the performance of the fan?
Sid
wrote:

Sounds like you likely need a larger "vent out" as (US) you have a 6" outlet on the fan and only a 3.5" "vent out". Sounds like you may just need a 4 x 6 IR (increaser reducer). This is in US inches, 4" to 6" round sheet metal increaser/reducer given the metric I am not sure but if you are in the US they are available anywhere. That said, the fan isnt going to perform to it specs being choked down to a 3.5"-4" outlet.
Mark

uk

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:52:53 GMT, "Yaz"

It will reduce performance by at least 70%.

It could make a difference dependant on whether the reduced end is at the roof or at the extractor end. I dont know which is better as I want to push as much out as possible.
Sid