estimating software

i'm looking for an estimating program that is easy to use,relativly acurate andt is affordable for use in a small but growing construction co.that focuses primarily in remodes additioons repairs and earthquake retrofits. also .is there a software program that is considered as the industry standard by contractors?

Microsoft Excel

lol The Killer App.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

I wrote one for myself back when we programmed in DOS. I have never converted it. It figured each piece of lumber, the board feet of them, the hours it takes to erect them, even the length of rafters. There were data tables to amend wages per hour, price of lumber per board foot, the extra studs for example that years of experience tells us we need. Even flooring sheetrock, concrete, everything to build a house. As I said, I could plug in current prices that each calculation would access. I used it for several years before I retired and it usually was with in 10% plus or minus. I even had graphics show beside the places to enter a number for a visional reminder of what it was figuring. I still haven't seen anything since even close to it.
Just talking, I haven't even considered selling it so no, this hasn't spam. <G>

If you are going to write quotations/proposals with it, make sure you get one with a spell-checker.
From OP: use,relativly - andt - co.- remodes additioons - also .is