Electric connect question

I need to connect two (don't know what gauge yet --- 2.0 3.0 ???) electric cables together in such a manner that they can be disconnected in about a month after a complete new cable system is installed. I understand there is a clamp or other type of crimp connection that can be used for this. Does anyone have any experience with such an operation that could point me in the right direction to find such a crimper etc?

tks

JC

Reply to
JC

Here's what you need. They have them at the orange store and the blue store in addition to just about all other hardware stores.

S. Barker

In addition to the split bolt connectors you will also need rubber tape and plastic electrical tape to cover the connections. If you want to keep the connections clean to make it easy for disassembly put some varnished cambric tape over the connectors first, then rubber tape, then the plastic tape. A wrench and large Channellocks are also needed.

Here is a really great product that eliminates all of the taping:

They are more expensive than the split bolt connectors, but are easier to join wires and take apart. You can also use these safely on hot wires. You will probably need to buy them at an electrical supply company.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Working with hot wires is inherently un-safe.

Reply to
Art

I guess I missed something here, I didn't get what you were talking about.

JC

Reply to
JC