Electric ?

I know this isn't an electric group, but hopefully someone has an answer or can point me in the right direction. I know by code in my area I have to have GFCI outlets in my basement. I also know that a GFCI can be wired so that all other non GFCI outlets on the circuit will act as GFCI's through the one that is. My question is, does the location the GFCI in the circuit matter? Can it be the first outlet in the circuit, the last or anywhere in the middle?
Brian wrote:

will be protected. Outlets on the "line" side will not.
--
Art

Awesome! Thanks!

You can also purchase a GFCI breaker that gets installed in the panel. All devices on that circuit are then GFCI protected.