"Edge Lift" symptoms and related foundation concerns.

We've got a 5 year old house that is exhibiting symptoms of "edge lift". An internal wall has raised off the floor about 1/8th inch and we've got a horizontal crack in a nearby wall as well as a nearby door out of alignment.
We've got a clay based soil structure and apparently this is pretty common for the area.
The only thing I've been able to find to combat this is a $30/linear foot treatment called ecss 3000. That comes to about $9000 for our home. It has some good results and testing behind it. Recovery isn't guaranteed, although they appear pretty confident about it stopping further swelling of the base clay.
Could I combat this in any other way? I understand the chemistry here. The problem is due to the increased water from landscape irrigation as opposed to what the land was used to prior to building. Apparently the foundation was not designed with enough give for this problem. The home is not guttered. Would guttering help by channeling runnoff water to another location?
Any info appreciated.
10100111001
010010010101000 wrote:

Yes, absolutely. The grade should slope away from the house and you should have gutters with underground drainage (solid pipe, not perforated pipe) connecting to a drywell(s) away from the house.