drywall sanding w/ power sander

Hi, I'm at a point with my basement finishing and I've seen some sanders that have a dust collection system on them like the Makita Finishing Sander. I'm wondering if I can save time from the hand cramping, dust builder, and shoulder breaking of manual sanding. Has anyone any recommendations. DP
Hmmm...wouldn't the amount of dust depend on the amount of mud that is NOW on the sheetrock....?
Maybe different in your part of the country, but you'd be hard pressed to get a pro taping crew in to finish up a job like that here in so.cali.

Whenever someone says they did their own taping, I usually ask if they will need to sand it. The answer tends to be yes.
The next question from me asks if they want to borrow a belt sander.

Wow! What a mess! And wear breathing apparatus ! Use DW screen on a block on a stick extension. It won't take that long.
If anyone is that good with a 6" blade, I hope he's not getting paid by the hour. Minimize sanding; yes. Wet sanding; maybe. Eliminate sanding; dunno.
I've Never seen a job that didn't require "some" sanding, usually knocking down ridges, and a light feathering....wet sanding..? The only time you don't need to sand is if there's to be a Textered surface..

the
dunno.