Drywall and primer question...

I'm looking for a recommendation of a good, if not exceptional, drywall primer. Please advise. Thanks for your time.
snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com wrote:

My brother is pretty damn good at it.
--
Art

On Aug 2, 6:10 pm, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com wrote:

For new drywall, I think any name brand primer will serve--I frankly haven't noticed a difference. What is more important is getting a good thick even coat. I have seen homeowners spend the money for the best paint Benjamin Moore sells, and then botch the application-- uneven coverage, holidays, sloppy cut lines, etc. I'd take cheap paint skillfully applied before expensive paint poorly applied.

We've used Behr PVA primer from Home Depot on our last 2 homes. Does a good job and is reasonably priced in 5's
http://www.behr.com/behrx/act/view/products_detail?prodGroupId0&catName=Primers&catId
Kilz water-based. It's about $12.00 a gallon. Cleans up easy.