Door Switches/ where buy ?

Page 2 of 2

Also
http://www.allelectronics.com /
James wrote:

You can get different types of plunger switches from Lee Electric or any electrical supply house that carries theirs or equivalent products. The recessed closet door switches can be obtained with either normally open or normally closed contacts. You can print out a picture and show it to a salesman at any electrical supply company and they'll know what you are looking for. You need to specify open or closed contacts for when the door is open. Lee Electric has a catalog in PDF format that you can download that will show you the specs and pictures of the different switches.
http://www.leeelectric.com/switches /
TDD
James wrote:

All Electronics on line has all kinds of switches. http://www.allelectronics.com /

EXACTLY!! AllElectronics has them. Less than $1. Just use the search term 'Pin Switch'
http://www.allelectronics.com/index.php?page=search&search_query=pin+switch
Yep, that switch is hard to find at RS. They used to carry it on the card wall, but no more.
You're talking about the 'pin switch' that is a screw in cylinder that when the pin is pressed, it doesn't ground out. When the door opens, the switch grounds.
I have a remote start on one of my cars, and that was use as the hood interlock switch. I went EVERYWHERE local looking for one when it broke. For a while I left it disconnected so my remote start would work.
Anyway, one day I swung into one of those 'car stereo' stores along the highway that also had a sign up that they install remote starters and they had a whole drawer of the things. Reasonably priced too.
I did find them online at one the remote starter web sites, but they were just plain on drugs for what they wanted for the things, and they had a huge minimum order.
Mike