Deck Post Height

Finishing up my deck and installing the posts for the railing.
For most of the posts, the top rail will lay on top of the post at 36 inches.
On the corners we want to use post caps.
What is the typical height for these posts with caps?
My thought was 40 inches max.
Comments?
42" comes to mind.
--
remove one of the @\'s unless you are a spammer.
< snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

42" is industrial OSHA standard I think in terms of local codes its probably something like: not less than 36" or something similar