custom frame for soffit vent

I am considering soffit vent options for aesthetics and to satisfy air intake recomendations. The number of existing 8"x16" soffit vent openings are insufficient based on the 1/150 ratio recommendation. In order to reach the minimum intake and keep some symmetry with existing vent holes in the soffit, I would need to double the amount of intakes and increase the size of vent to a 10"x16" intake. (total net free area40 in2 and currently have 4 soffits vents per side)
I can not find anyone who sells a 10"x16" intake, so I think I could find grating to mount to homemade frame or find a stiff mesh that could be attached to a 10x16 frame. Anyone with experience trying something like this who could offer tips on where to find grating, or what mesh size is best, or how to make a metal framing. A wood frame would protrude a bit from the soffit, but would be easier to make. I don't know how difficult it would be to make a more streamline metal frame. Thanks for any help.