Curiosity question to Contractors (Residential mostly but also Commercial included)

For those of you that are contractors, and have been a while, I'm curious about something. Based upon your years of experience (residential mostly but commercial could apply also) what is the most predictable aggravation you face on projects?
Sub's not providing quality service including being there when they say they will? (Electricians, Plumbers, Sheetrock workers, etc...)
The ability to find qualified and dependable workers including untrustworthy workers?
Suppliers that do not get materials on site when they promise or say they will?
Local Governments and inspectors with burrs up their butt?
Local restrictions and codes?
Do It Yourself type homeowners who are constantly second guessing you or changing things up on you during the project?
As I said just a curiosity issue and I know that each could be equally picked depending on the project I'm just curious if there is a trend or common problem that occurs more than usual.
what is the most predictable aggravation

quality service including being there when they say they

untrustworthy
FOLLOW UP WITH DELIVERY PROGRESS> Suppliers that do not get materials on site when they promise or say they

"PROBLEM" MIGHT BE IN INTERPERTATION , - THAT CAN BE DISCUSSED> Local Governments and inspectors with burrs up their butt?

codes?
SOMETIMES YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTAND OR LISTEN> Do It Yourself type homeowners who are constantly second guessing you or

kickstart

Why are you shouting at us?
"Gary KW4Z" wrote...

There are so many possible aggrevations, but if they get predictable, then you haven't learned to cover your ass.

Maybe until you find who is dependable and who isn't. Having a back-up is a good idea.

That doesn't happen too often as long as you stay on top of things.

If you know the codes before starting, then anything that does come up is usually minor.

Now you're getting warm. I'll never understand why some people have no concept of planning. I've seen so many people spend tens of thousands of dollars moving walls and changing scopes of work (if there ever was one), when they could have spent a few thousand up front for a game plan. While I always make it perfectly clear in writing, up front, that any deviations from the original contract will result in a change order or addendum, this doesn't seem to keep some people from changing thir minds. Which is OK with me as long as they know the consiquences.

What really has aggravated me the most over the past few years are those homeowners that watch those damn TV shows. Some think they can pull-off a project that is way beyond their ability and others think the job can be done in the same amount of time it took them to watch the TV show and have no idea what it will cost.
--
hawgeye

Gary KW4Z wrote:

This, or even worse "My friend, who's a DIY expert says....."
There is no such thing as feckin DIY expert
--
scrum

(\_/) Procrastinator bunny says:

You're replying to a question that is a year and a half old. You're not exactly a Usenet expert, feckin or otherwise.