cultured stone v. brick(costs)

Hi all,
Me again.
Is there any difference in price whether to go with cultured stone or brick veneer?
Materials cost?
Labor costs?
Brick is pretty typical here(Houston area), but am starting to see a little more stone involved. Maybe it's the in thing for the moment.
Thanks, --Alan
I had a chimney built this summer and the cultured stone (i was pricing field stone look)... the cultured stone was almost twice as much as brick.
Wow!!! Thanks for that. I had planned to have a whole house done, now that's a scary thought, pennies saved on the 'brick ledge' wouldn't even come close to making up for that.
Maybe it'll be a brick house with possible cultured stone coins(however it's spelled).
Regards, --Alan
M (nospam) wrote:

Cultured Stone is also available as bricks.
Tell me more. This is something I had in mind:
http://www.culturedstone.com/products/product_alltextures.asp?id
same as brick? or no?
I'd pay a few extra bucks, but not alot since I'm kinda' maxed out.
Regards,
--Alan
mrsgator88 wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

I suspect that in Houston for typical residential construction; cultured-stone/brick material will cost more than most brick and that cultured-stone/brick labor will cost more than brick labor.

This is the brick:
http://www.culturedstone.com/products/brickveneer.asp
Can't help you on the pricing. I'm guessing the cost is comparable to brick, the installation may be less, and there are synthetic products less expensive than the Cultured Stone brand. Call around though, anyone can buy the stuff.