cultured stone question again.

Thansk to italian mason for his help, now one more question. Should I put on a scratch coat or should I put the motar on the metal lathe and butter the stone and put in on right away?

Or use construction adhesive right on the 'stone' and stick it onto the metal lath. Thats how we did ours
bdeditch wrote:

You scratch coat first. Let it set (hours to days) and then back butter and apply stone. The sites you have already posted have detailed instructions for cultured stone. Follow them.
Mark
When you are ready to place the stones a pre mix is a good base but like to add a little pure plastic cement to it. This makes the mix more sticky and also makes the pre mix stronger which tend to be light on the cement in my experiance with them.
++++someone mentiond in this thread they used adheasive ++++DO NOT USE ADHEASIVE+++ for your situation. completely butter the back of each stone and go. As a novice I would start at the top and work my way down this way all of the falling mortar will not hit the stones. IF you have corners do them first. TAKE YOUR TIME and remember stone work is like doing a puzzle.. bdeditch wrote:

Thanks once again to all your advise!! I will look for this pure plastic cement to add to my mixture. Italian Mason wrote:

How much of the plastic cement should a person add to the mortar?