Covered porch construction

I'm putting in a covered porch with wooden decking. New construction. The porch abuts the house on one side and is open on the other 3. Will be approximately 3-4 feet above fin. grade. Supporting the 3 sides of the porch are block walls with brick veneer. No openings in theose walls(yet). My question is: does a porch like this need to have openings that will allow air below the porch?
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:16:28 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What does the porch's floor look like? Typical decking with gaps, or solid? I'd say if solid, you're really going to need vents.

at this stage, I don't know. leaning towards small gaps. 1/4" max.
Yes, some ventilation would be good. Perhaps a 24 x 30 screened opening in each end. Also you could crawl under there and get all that stuff people and kids are gonna drop through the gaps.

It needs air to keep it dry, if no rain will ever hit the deck it can be smaller openings.