Cost of Material Per Sq.Ft.

Thinking of building a house for myself and want to get the material per sq.ft. from several sources. Can you give me a number for a middle class home with no fancy finishes. Say 3 bed rooms. Material not Labor.Thankyou for you time.
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:01:27 -0700 (PDT), tonyg wrote:

$100
On 3/25/2012 12:01 AM, tonyg wrote:

Way way less than $100. Hell, you can have one built and not do a thing your self for less than $100.
--
Steve Barker
On 3/25/2012 11:25 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

An open-ended question got an open ended response. The GIGO principal applies here too... OP asked a question that cannot be answered accurately with the information he gives, so a general answer is given based on, perhaps, worst conditions. I was going to give the same answer too... Sure you can build a bottom line home for much less, and spend more for a top of the line home too...
--
I'm never going to grow up.

I like to ask......how much do you have? john
"PeterD" wrote in message
On 3/25/2012 11:25 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

An open-ended question got an open ended response. The GIGO principal applies here too... OP asked a question that cannot be answered accurately with the information he gives, so a general answer is given based on, perhaps, worst conditions. I was going to give the same answer too... Sure you can build a bottom line home for much less, and spend more for a top of the line home too...
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 3/25/2012 4:36 PM, jloomis wrote:

Of what? ;-}
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 10:25:54 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

hey, if you gotta ask, you can't afford it. He gives no indication as to style, number of rooms, total sq ft desired, floors, desired material to be used, or even if there is going to be a basement. And all the other stuff needed to make a good estimate.
A friend of mine bought some property. The guy next to it was a contractor. He said he could build the house for $10 a sq ft. When it came time to build, the price went way up. Why? "The county engineers told me I had to charge between $50 and $70 a sq ft or they'd take their sweet time in processing the paperwork."
My $100 was basically a joke.

A good way to get a reasonable rule of thumb is to go to the Central Appraisal District and get their valuations on a good number of houses of the kind you want. Average the square footage of them and then divide the average valuations by the square footage and that will give you a pretty good idea. That's how we real estate moguls do. <G>
--
H L Mencken got it right when he said:

"Elections are a battle between
On 3/26/2012 10:36 AM, Independent old cuss wrote:

But only if those appraisals are realistic! Often times they do not reflect replacement costs...
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Median price of $1,401 per sq ft.
After build reinvest cash not use, by putting it back in to the house on a 30 year loan, turn those payments it to $120 a mouth or lower..