Construction of Concrete Water Storage Tank

Page 1 of 3
I am looking for different methods of constructing a concrete water storage tank. The tank needs to store 10000/20000 cubic meters of water. I am gonna find the fastest method between different construction methods of such a tank.

I hope you're using an engineer who knows what they are doing. You're proposing a 7 1/2 story cube.

Actually, I am not using an engineer. We are a contractor company, and we have a bunch of engineers here.
In a previous post Ramin.Sh1 wrote...

Then you should talk to one of them rather than post a question here.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

"Ramin.Sh1" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
If they knew the answer, I wouldn't bother you. We can construct such a tank with our traditional methods, like using slipforming. But I am looking for the fastest method of excuting such projects. Thank you
In a previous post Ramin.Sh1 wrote...

A tank with a storage capacity of 10,000 cubic meters is no small project and should be engineered. I get about 265,000 US gallons. Surely, you can find a local engineer who has the expertise to handle a project of this size. You will need a local engineer!
One method is a wire-wound precast tank. Go here for more information.
http://www.natgun.com/inside.php?main=waterstorage
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
Bob Morrison wrote:

Bob-
I think one of us is off by 10x
I get 2.65 million gallons
about 100ft dia x 50 ft high
cheers Bob
In a previous post Bobk207 wrote...

Bob:
You are correct. The volume is 2.65 million gallons. I misread my calculator.
The OP is looking for the fastest method, but not necessarily the "best" method for constructing this tank. As others have pointed out the "fastest" method is probably an open reservoir. These are in common use, even for potable water, but are now out of favor due heightened security measures.
A project this large is not something one does "overnight". This is a huge tank and will require months of planning and design, let alone the construction time. I cannot see a tank of this size and all its appurtenances being designed and constructed in less than a year.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

Yes, thank you. Wire-wound Precast is a method of doing such projects, and I think that this method is a fast one. But I should have proof that I have found the fastet method, so, I am trying to find out all methods of cunstructing concrete storage tanks.

Yes, thank you. Wire-wound Precast is a method of doing such projects, and I think that this method is a fast one. But I should have proof that I have found the fastet method, so, I am trying to find out all methods of cunstructing concrete storage tanks.
Fastest method? Dig a hole, put a plastic liner in it. Fill it with water. Done. About 4 good backhoe operators and a dozen dump trucks should be able to do it in a day.
--
Steve Barker

"Ramin.Sh1" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Steve Barker :

Thank you, but this storage tank is to be used as water supply for drinkable water and it should confirm with health care codes.
Steve Barker :

Thank you, but this storage tank is to be used as water supply for drinkable water and it should confirm with health care codes.
If this is infact a potable water tank CALL THE EXPERTS!!!! Get an engineer.
Mike :

I don't know why dosn't anyone get it. I just need the methods of constructiong the tank, It's not my business to build it. We are able to construct the tank with our traditional methods, but I just want to know the other methods. And surely it can NOTbe an open reservoir. Thank you anyway
Ramin.Sh1 wrote:

Maybe the problem is being posed inadequately?

do a google search on water tank construction methods
good luck
cheers Bob
Bobk207 :

nothing impressive, aside from wire-wound prestressed method, which is not new to me. Thanks
Ramin.Sh1 wrote:

Quite possibly because there's not much better or (gasp!) Google isn't the last word on a subject...
I'd venture the _fastest_ way to get the storage built would be a tank farm of pre-fab smaller tanks, but that may not be the optimal long-term solution.
If you're seriously looking for concepts for a structure of this size, would seem best to approach a more experienced A/E firm or some of the better institutions with well-known structural/civil departments for novel concepts and/or latest technologies.
In general, "fast" and "best" tend to be engineering antipodes.
Ramin.Sh1 wrote:

> [...]
SNIP

So are you looking for different, new to you or just the fastest?

impressive with respect to? novelty, speed, cost?
does it have to be impressive or just fast?
Create large hole, shotcrete, install floating cover.........
things you have not mentioned, budget, life cycle, location, ??????
good luck
cheers Bob
Ramin.Sh1 wrote:

Ramin,     What percentage of your salary (you are obviously doing this research as part of your job description) are you going to send to the contributor(s) who plaster over your ineptitude?     In a quick re-read of this thread you have posted your questions/replies like a college freshmen who is late on his homework. Too little data, too many vagaries, looking others to present the solution, and so on.     You are basically asking this NG to better your resume' through no action of your own.     If your company is well versed in the "traditional methods" of building such a tank than there should be SOME individuals within your organization who are capable of thinking outside the box and coming up with, or have heard of, some new and innovative ways to build such a tank. If there arent you should seek new employment as you are potentially on a sinking ship.     With every reply you continually put another round in the chamber, point it at your foot, and pull the trigger. I am glad you are not on my payroll.
Mark