conservatory doors DPC

Hi

I have just had a conservatory built, concrete base, dwarf wall - usual thing. I have a query with something, I am hoping someone here can please advise.

The concrete base is in a plastic sheet, the internal wall is built on the base and the external wall built on the footings leaving a cavity, outside the base and plastic sheet. The doors have been fit on to the external wall thus leaving a gap between the door casing and the base, this has been filled in with concrete. My question is 'what is defending that fill in concrete from rising damp' ? as it is outside the plastic sheet.

Thanks Steve

Reply to
stevej

There should have been a damproofing membrane on the external wall. Maybe that was wrapped to cover the fill area...?

RicodJour

Should be a DPC in the external wall that extends down and under the door sill.

Reply to
Cwatters