Concrete driveway guy again........

Cannot find the old messages from those who posted to my original post.
Specifically the one from the fellow who referenced "portland cement.org" or other iteration.
I am sorry to be a pest about an older issue but they now have passed on the responsibility to the finisher. I doubt he has the resources to resolve this as I have been told the only way is to jackhammer the bad portion/pour and do it anew. A skim coat to cover the disintegration from before and is continuing daily is getting worse would not be the answer I have been told by MANY folks in the same business.
Thanks,
Rick aka Roscoe
Knowledge is like money, the less you talk about it the more people assume you have.
I am not the "person" who recommended the web page but it is always too bad when the blame gets shuffled down the line. Is not the finisher, the resposnsibility of the contractor who took on the job? I believe you are dealing with spalling:(maybe) Concrete spalling is a common occurance, especially on exterior surfaces that are exposed to freeze and thaw cycles. It's like scaling, but involves bigger chunks breaking loose for no apparant reason. There are many causes such as improper finishing methods and curing methods. Simple repairs can be done fill the void and prevent further deterioration.
Anyway, the General Contractor should step up to the plate and repair or replace the damage.
jloomis

My original response was dated 3/15, 2008, if that helps you find any others. There are several authoritative sources for information about concrete. Some of the better ones: ACI, American Concrete Institute: http://www.concrete.org/general/home.asp
PCA, Portland Cement Association: http://www.cement.org /
The one I find the most helpful - The Concrete Network: http://www.concretenetwork.com /
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Thanks you guys. Exactly what I was looking for.
Rick
Knowledge is like money, the less you talk about it the more people assume you have.