concrete bond beam over brick wall

Hello, We are about to pour a concrete bond beam over a brick wall. It is old brick. Other than blowing it off real well what surface prep should we do before pouring on top of this brick? There is nothing specified.I am thinking of some sort of chemical or treatment to improve the bond. Thankyou. TonyG
Drill some holes and place 3/8" pins or rebar into the brick wall with epoxy......tie some mesh to that or such. attach that to the rebar? Just my 2 cents....... jloomis cons. con.

You would not be wasting money if you used a concrete bonding agent between the existing and the new, here's a link to several manufacturers http://www.4specs.com/s/03/03-0551.html
Tom

TonyG:
tonyg wrote:

Have you considered the precast "U" shaped concrete beams that are the type that are used as bond beams or lintels over doors and windows?
No forms.
Use portland cement mortar beneath to level the precast units, water soak the brick and precast first, and use threaded anchor rods into the drilled and possibly pointed brick wall [and that extend up through the wood structure? above]. Add rebars lengthwise in the channel, and fill even with concrete.
Is the wall a garden type wall? If so, you may want to consider a precast concrete capstone that is pinned and mortared to the brick. The same for a parapet wall. Use a formed wire ladder beneath the units, for example, by, http://www.dur-o-wal.com /.
Ralph Hertle

What is the reason for the bond beam? What is the wall for?
tmurf.1:
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

. . . .
Ask the right person: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com .
It may be presumed that since bond beams in walls are nearly always placed in building walls, however, that isn't necessarily always so.
tonyg hasn't replied to previous questions. He could get the appropriate answers, here, and he is silent.
I'm beginning to to think that when I provide answers to questions on Usenet that I will also send a CC reply to the sender to wake them up. Perhaps the wakeup CC would be a good idea prior to the next text reply.
These days there are so many posters that don't even say thank you.
Ralph Hertle