Collar tie in a concrete roof

I have a concrete roof (40X20) where my client wants a vaulted ceiling. The ridge line is aprallel to the 40 ft. line Ridge beam has to span almost 40 feet. (no middle posts required). There is a 3 ft space between the ceiling and the roof. I'm thinking of using collar ties above the ceiling line. I will design it to carry a tensile force equal to the thrust.
MC
In a previous post snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote...

Are you an engineer? If not, then this type of design is not for the inexperienced.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co