Cement Tile

In searching all over the country (U.S.A.) for cement tile like I had seen in Europe and Latin American countries, I realized that it has not been made here since the 30's or 40's, ever since the population went wild for the new linoleum that was the craze. When I finally did find some cement tile , called mosaicos hidraulicos most places) the colors were often harsh. It may interest some here to know that I ended up designing my own molds and picking my own colors and having my tiles made in the D.R. I decided to offer them to others as they are made up for each job...hand-made product that lasts forever. You can see my coastal themed designs of cement tiles at http://www.VillaLagoonTile.com
This kind of tile is sometimes called Cuban Tile in South FL. Eventually I did a lot of research on this elusive tile and put my research here: http://www.concretecottage.com/encaustic-cement-tiles.htm
There are a lot of online tile design tools on that page that are fun to play around with.
Best wishes, Lundy <a href="http://www.VillaLagoonTile.com ">Mosaic cement tile</a> <a href="http://www.concretecottage.com/encaustic-cement - tiles.htm">History of cement tile</a>

This aint a place to sell your junk stuff, Cement tiles do not last forever or as long as clay, they get brittle and weak and crack. Most I see are junk and being replaced. Also what you see in Europe is backed glazed clay that does last , not crappy poured concrete that absorbes water. Since when in your dreams was linoleum used for roofing. Concrete tiles suck, Backed glazed clay is the way to go. Concrete is not used because it doesnt last.
So where is the place to advertise? The post is on topic and the advertised website contains excellent information on cement floor tiles. Sparked my imagination at least.

These groups are not and have never been for advertisment, its against printed rules, havnt you noticed all the chinese crap, fake this, fake that, that just clogs up a site. But the truth is concrete unglazed roof tiles are inferior and not what is in Europe. Glazed clay is great and may last hundreds of years, so if this person was honest it would not have been so bad.
The tiles mentioned as cement tiles above are FLOOR TILES.....ransley seems to be confused. Cement floor tiles that were laid in the 1800's are still very much in use all over the Latin world as well as Portugal, Belgium, France, Italy, and Spain. These tiles make fabulous floors. I am glad to see that someone has introduced designs and colors that will be well suited to the coastal communities in the States.