cement floor thickness

Hello all and thanks if you can give me some opinions on this.
I have had a floor put on the ground and second floor of a house. There is under floor heating in some parts and none in others.
My concerns are:
1. The ground floor has insulation, foil etc but I am not sure the top layer is thick enough because it is not "solid" to stand on and in places (corners mainly) the floor is definately "moving" when you stand hard on it and dust raises from joins.
2. The second floor has similar problems and when standing in a door way where there are joins in the floor, rocking from side to side - foot to foot the floor is giving a little.
I am thinking that this is because of the insulation and may be normal.

You'd have to tell us a lot more about how these floors are constructed, are they pre-fab, poured, or what?
PeterD wrote:

Pure guess on my part but I'd say backerboard on ... something. I can't imagine any other "cement" floor that could "move".
--
Art

Anything that 'moves' as the OP describes has got to be really strange! (WHich is why I asked...)
I really liked the: "Dust raises from joints" comment.

Judging from your posting address I would guess you're in Poland. Most of the questions that are asked on this newsgroup come from North America and Great Britain, though it is worldwide. With this in mind provide some more information about the construction. What type of floor was put on, how was it put on, what sort of radiant heating, etc. Feel free to post a picture or video to a host site and post the link for us here.
What did the contractor who installed your floor say when you brought up your concerns about the floor?

Based on Rico's figuring out that the OP is maybe in Poland.......my guess is deteriorated gypcrete over radiant heating tubing. :(
cheers Bob
on 5/5/2009 3:24 AM (ET) TR wrote the following:

Building Inspector! If he doesn't know, he will find out.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY